With shows such as “The Great British Bake-Off” on television in recent years, the nation has been inspired to do more baking. But what do you do if you have an egg allergy or intolerance? Here is a recipe for an egg substitute I found in my research after I learnt I had an intolerance to egg and use it all the time when I bake. This recipe is for one egg:
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed (I get milled flaxseed)
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons of water
- If you don’t have milled flaxseed; grind it to the consistency of cornmeal.
- Mix the flaxseed, baking powder and water in a bowl.
- Leave for about 10 minutes to let it congeal.
- Add to your baking as normal